Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Monday, March 3...


Hello all.  I made it to the church Monday evening.  It has been quite some time since I have been there in the evening! In fact, only a few months I think. :) Our days are finally starting to stay light till around 6:30.  I was able to snap a few photos right around dusk of the outside of the building.  The front of the church is nearly done.  They have all the shakes on that front section above the overhang.  They also got the front doors put on.  It's looking pretty snazzy.



It's looking like the west side of the church is complete.  Now all that needs to be done, is paint and maybe gutters.  

Close up of the front entry.

I took some detail pictures for those of you that are into looking at that?!  This electrical stuff is up in one of the front rooms inside the church.

A different angle of the same thing.


Looking south towards the entry.

Looking west.  You can see the rings for future speakers and can lights, in the ceiling.

Looking north where the pulpit will be sitting.

This is the mechanical room in the north east corner.  


There is another little room on the north west corner of the church.  I'm not sure how you spell the room name. :-)  There will be a sink for hand washing and stuff in there.

View of the front entry from the sanctuary.

Bathrooms and little kitchenette.  As you can see the walls are full of stuff.

Close up of the front entry.  

View from the attic area, looking into the sanctuary.

This is the attic.  It's full of all the HVAC stuff.  Looks like a mess to me. :-)  

A close up view of one wall.

Looking up one wall.  

Even closer view of some plumbing.  A few guys told me this would be interesting to see, so I hope your enjoying them.  Personally, I'm a little bored. :-)

Mechanical room below the church.  Any guesses who the ghost might be?  

That pipe thing straight in front of me, is the main water line into the church.  

Another view of that area.

I went back outside to get a few night shots.  The little squiggles on top of the church, are some guys working by flashlight.   If you look closely you can see that it was a beautiful star filled night! :)

The moon was out also.  It looks like a sun, I apologize.  That's what happens when you take a long exposure picture.

Our view we will have from the church at night.  Love the twinkling lights.


Little did those guys know they were making art up on the roof. :)

Back inside we go.  Not sure what these 3 were discussing?

Discussing where speaker and organ parts will go. 

Little brother was pleased I wanted to take pictures of his work.  Not!

I haven't taken any sautering (sp?) pictures yet.  Something different.

Ha!  Thanks Sam!  Appreciate you letting me capture this.

Building something in the wall for organ speakers?


Isn't this exciting?!  Maybe if you blur your eyes, this will look like a piece of art. :)jk  Frame for a future speaker.

Doing more figuring.


Back in the basement mechanical room I go.  Discussing future lay out.

This was an interesting piece of equipment.  Bam was expanding a piece of pipe with it.  I have never seen this type of piping before, I guess it's pretty common.  Not sure where I've been?! Obviously not in mechanical rooms.   


Hard at work.  

Electrical stuff.

Plumbing stuff.



I promise I would not have taken pictures of this stuff.  But, I was told by a few people they would find this interesting.  So I hope it was.  It's really hard for me to find it interesting, sorry! 

Doing more figuring.  

We are hoping to start insulating in a couple weeks. After that, sheet rock goes in.  Yay!  I can't wait for a lighter, brighter room to be taking pictures in! 

We are also starting to make plans for dedication weekend!  So so exciting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment