Saturday, April 19, 2014

Wednesday, April 16...

With Easter services this weekend, we did not have Wednesday night bible class.   I decided to pop in at the church to see what was going on.  I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of people that came to work!  In fact, it made my week.  Before this, I had been hashing out ways to get people motivated about the project again.  (not that I would have anyway of motivating people)

Preparing to dig a trench to connect gas to the building, via pipe.

Timmy was the trench digger.

Mitt was his helper, and getting some instruction on something.

Putting up fascia on the covered stairway.

Waiting for instruction to help.



At the same time, the plumbers were threading pipe for the gas line into the boiler.


The covered stairway into the basement.


Putting in flashing (think that's what it's called) along the base of the building.

A few boys were at the church with their dads.  

Orangy covering his ears.  Apparently it was quite loud for him. :) So cute, makes me crazy!

I was easily distracted by these boys.  Such cute subjects!





Mitt told me, he's a government worker. :-)  Sorry if that offends anyone.  Just struck my funny bone as he was leaning on his shovel pretending to be busy.

Tim and Mitt worked on digging this trench all evening.  

One scenery shot for you.


Building sites are the perfect spot for entertaining boys!




Taping, mudding and texturing is finished!   Next step is trim and then paint.  Wow, we are getting so close!!



I like shadows.  I know, call me weird! :)



I was the only one in the building while taking these pictures.  I started whistling, it was so pretty!  Not my whistling, but the sound!  It just carried and bounced off the ceilings and walls.   I got the chills and a few tears thinking of the first time we will be there, everyone together singing. And how beautiful that sound will be!  








A part of the manifold.

Working on connecting pipes to the boiler.



Working at dusk to finish digging the trench.  

There was also a few guys up at Bud and Joan's working on the pews.   It was awesome seeing such a large crew show up for work!!  It has been quite frustrating for some knowing there is so much work that can be done, then having only a few guys show up.   With support from us wives and a little encouragement to our husbands, we can get this project done a whole lot sooner!  

No comments:

Post a Comment